Thursday, August 21, 2008

"EKO LIFE AND DIRECT."




"We are in Eko ", the bus driver announces. Yes Eko at last!Ah!!!. But wait a minute!


when we started this journey from Cala City (Calabar) at 7 a.m yesterday we were told that we would get into Eko at 5p.m the same day. O my goodness, you mean out of excitement, then excitement, then frustration, anger, hunger,and eventually fatigue i slept through all the so call "go slow", no, "traffic jam"; no,no,no.


I actually did not miss much because now i cannot get to Western Avenue In Surulere where the famous Ojuelegba is. Search me. Na my first time for Eko... It is just the beginning am told. Otiooooo! This is the real thing as the other one we experienced was due to the bad road; mmph! as if there is any where that the road is good. But in Cala City sha, we are the better compared to some of the big cities we had passed through. Don't get me wrong, am not criticising any body. But truth is bitter. Back to my wahala...


"EM please conductor am going to Victoria Island" i inform with confidence. "See this olodo where you from come? You mean you be Johnny Just Come?" Every body chorus, O ma sheo! My God what have i done? I was told to travel by air and i said i want to view Niaja, i want to experience Eko "hold up", nobody told me that "hold up is a way of life in Eko. So true i don loss for Eko be dat? Hei!!! Meanwhile we are still not close to Ojuele..... what ever. Am not even excited about the hold up or traffic jam; please somebody help me. How do i get to V I, as i was told to call it. Of course my handset is dead and i do not remember any number by heart due to panic. But you know there are still good people in Eko O. Yes , for a gentle man offered to get a cab for me after i was calmed down to give a phone number, a name and an address. Eko, mmph Eko!!! people dey oh!!!! Eko is not so bad after all but pray that you do not enter bad hands, because they are there. I did not even remember hold up again... That is another day. For now Eko Dey!!!!!

No comments: